Some of you may be wondering what happened to the lovely blazer whose sleeves I was lengthening. Well let me tell you, nothing but DISAPPOINTMENT and LIES.
I ripped out the hem and lining of one sleeve. While I was turning the piece around to reach the other sleeve, I noticed that the lining was only tacked down in a few places at the bottom. “I can just pull the sleeve inside out! That will make this whole thing so much easier,” I thought, and congratulated myself on my brilliance.
Behind the cut is a photo of what greeted me in the lining of the jacket. It is behind a cut because it is full of what Google has led me to believe are spider eggs, and I don’t want that to ruin anybody’s day. (Too late, say the spider eggs. We already ruined yours! Mwahahahaha!)
I could not seem to focus on the actual eggs (though admittedly I didn’t try very hard). But hopefully this is enough for you to sympathize with how utterly betrayed I felt. It will be going on a trip to the dry cleaner’s shortly, after which I will reevaluate its place in my home.
Last weekend I visited the same charity shop where I acquired the blazer, and bought a pair of dress pants. Not to be outdone by the previous week’s contribution, this pair of pants had one hem held together by, I kid you not, staples and electrical tape. Upon pointing this out I was given a 30% discount, but my mending basket is disconcertingly full again. Everything I’ve knit recently seems to demand buttons, pom-poms, or an outrageous number of ends woven in. Give a girl a break!